two sisters who love quirky handmade design

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Project Runway

Love Tivo! We didn't get a chance to watch much TV last week, so we had to catch up on a lot of our shows on Sunday. Here's my take on the new season of Project Runway...

Great first task. I realize having the designers rip apart their apartments was just meant to stir up drama for the show, it is still a much more creative way of doing that than other shows have used (I'm looking at you Mr. Trump). I cannot believe these guys actually ripped the upholstery right off their furniture. I really hope the production crew never puts the place back together.

I'll make my prediction for the top three designers based solely on their designs for this challenge:

Bradley - not a cut design by far, but very modern. Loved they way he used the duvet.

Kayne - He used a rubber door mat as the bodice on that dress! Amazing. Plus I really liked the ribbons down the model's back

Michael - He made a gorgeous dress out of coffee filters!

And I'd give runner-up status to Robert. His dress, while not terribly innovative, was gorgeous with the beautiful neckline, red sash and bows, and metal chains. I wanted him to win that challenge.

I am sad to admit that I am not yet a fan of any of the women designers. Come on ladies, step it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home